Limiter and Stereo Limiter
A CPU friendly dynamics processor.
This Limiter is very useful for the development and testing of
sythesizers. Simply insert it into the signal path to get rid of any
The displays give full information about the signal level while the
output is reduced to a useful range.
- [In] - Signal to be processed
- [Release] - Duration of the (linear) release phase
- [Threshold] - the threshold, what else. ;-)
- [Mute Level] - The output is switched off when the
signal amplitude exceeds the Mute Level. It is activated again upon
Synth reset (F2).
- [Soft, Hard]
- Selects limiter attack behaviour. To avoid overflow it is necessary
to leave some headroom or use the prefetch parameter when the soft
limiting option is selected.
- [Prefetch] - this
delays the signal so that the limiter 'knows' in advance when peaks
occur. This parameter obviousely increases latency. It is still very
useful for rendering Miditracks.
- [In] - Input signal
- [Comp] - Gain reduction level (-60dB ... 60dB)
- [Env Level] - Envelope level (-60dB ... 60dB)